We are thankful for much, but some things we could do without.
Yes, we have so very many, many things for which we can and should be thankful. However, after the seriousness of this morning’s article, I thought we might turn the tables a bit. #ThingsIWouldn’tThankYouFor has been trending since early this morning. When we stop and think about it a little bit, there are plenty of things that we probably wouldn’t mind skipping this weekend.
Of course, it’s important to realize that what is a throw-away for one person might be valuable to someone else. This entire exercise is meant for fun, not ridicule. Our intent is to not take on anything too serious, such as the incoming presidential administration or world affairs. Instead, let’s take a look at the really silly things that annoy us. You know there’s plenty of things that fit into that category.
At the end of it all, though, this is a time to be thankful. Even the things that annoy us and drive us a bit mad serve some purpose. Everything in the universe works toward a balance we need to live. Let’s not take anything for granted.
Some of Twitter’s Best
#ThingsIWouldntThankYouFor making me get up on the roof to put your Christmas lights up.
— Kat (@SweetKat1112) November 23, 2016
Not rinsing off your plate before putting it in the dishwasher. #ThingsIWouldntThankYouFor
— Amber Taylor (@xx_amBURRR_xx) November 23, 2016
— Danielle (@Morrigan_83) November 23, 2016
Asking me how far along I am when I’m not pregnant #ThingsIWouldntThankYouFor
— Tamara Rose (@misstamerica30) November 23, 2016
#ThingsIWouldntThankYouFor The adult diapers oh well I guess it depends
— Jenny B (@layingbackeatin) November 23, 2016
A Few With Pictures
— ✨Amy✨💞✨ (@AAskelson) November 23, 2016
— #Jesus (@TheLordHasSpoke) November 23, 2016
— Michael J. Smith (@Road_2_Ft_Worth) November 23, 2016
Destroying my super-weapon….. twice. pic.twitter.com/nP1BqGYiru
— Anakin Skywalker (@Marshmallow_Ani) November 23, 2016
— AllCraft Halifax (@All_Craft) November 23, 2016
A Few Of Our Own
There’s not much for which I am not thankful. Cold feet under the covers means you’re sleeping with someone who cares about you. Muddy footprints on the carpet mean your home is likely filled with joy and laughter, or at least a really cute puppy. Still, there are a few things for which I would have difficulty saying thank you.
- Spilling the kitty litter all over the carpet
- Chasing the dog through the mud just before he comes inside
- Clogging the clothes washer drain
- Telling someone else what they’re getting for their birthday
- Constantly asking how long until dinner is ready
- Models that don’t show or call
- Models that ignore email
- Bogus photographers who take advantage of people
- Clients that try to take advantage of friendships
- Flat tires
- Electrical appliances that stop working right at the moment you need them
- Running out of scotch on a Sunday
- Nosy neighbors who don’t mind their own business
- Cutting the “Beware of Dog” sign off the fence
- Interrupting my nap for something that does not include food, nudity, or money
- Leg cramps
- Shoulder pain
- Falling and not being able to get up
- Not having the right tools for the job
There are always things that annoy us, but the thinks for which we are thankful are a much larger list. Have a wonderful holiday!