Our pride goes before many falls
The Short Version
We’ve not done much of anything with a humorous bent to it in a while, and we’ve certainly not played any hashtag games in a couple of months. So, when I saw #OddThingsToBragAbout trending on Twitter this morning, I decided this would be a good time to jump back on that bandwagon. After all, if you’ve been out in public much at all, you’ve likely heard someone bragging about some very odd things. We can’t seem to help ourselves. We might as well laugh.
What We Found
Pulling some favorites from Twitter:
Graduating from Trump University. #oddthingstobragabout
— Janet Yellen (@askyellen2) January 21, 2017
I wore the same pair of underpants for 46 straight days before anyone complained about the smell! #OddThingsToBragAbout
— Banter Hawk (@BanterHawk) January 21, 2017
#OddThingsToBragAbout The length of one’s pubic hair – (sorry)
— Narnia Harvey (@NarniaHarvey) January 21, 2017
#OddThingsToBragAbout How much money you save by not using toilet paper.
— Hillary Hates Me GWM (@pinepilot) January 21, 2017
#OddThingsToBragAbout Inhave never failed at masterbating ever
— Sambo (@abtsag) January 21, 2017
A Few Of Our Own
Of course, the whole purpose of a hashtag game is participating. I’ve overheard some people brag a lot recently. Here are a few we’ll be adding to the list:
- Letting the dog kick you out of bed more than once.
- Having more prescription painkillers than your mother.
- Figuring out how to vote in two different states (didn’t say who they voted for).
- Voting the party line even when you know it hurts your constituents.
- Raising people’s mortgage rates.
- Taking away insurance for poor people.
- Whining about other people doing the same thing you’ve been doing.
- Ridiculing people who actually care about something other than themselves.
- Thinking your entitled ass can relate to people working three jobs.
- Your religion “winning” anything. Religion is not a competition.
I could probably sit here and think of more if I really wanted to put that much effort into it, but this is supposed to be a game, a fun past time, not work. I wonder what you would come up with? If you think of anything, add it to the hashtag on twitter and then tag me: @charlesletbette. Let’s have some fun for a change.