The allure of couture, having something made specifically for you, is one of those things that many people feel that can’t afford. After all, isn’t it easier to just go and buy something off the rack? Okay, so it doesn’t fit your body all that well, and the color choice wasn’t one that best compliments your perfection, and on any given day there are at least a thousand other people wearing exactly the same thing, but shopping the department stores is quick, easy and cheap. Sort of.
Go ahead, keep telling yourself that. Fact is, when one factors in all the negative factors and the time lost going from store to store and rummaging through rack after rack of clothes, couture actually begins to look rather affordable.
Consider the advantages that couture wear delivers:
- Whatever you buy is going to fit, and fit well. Couture designers won’t let you walk out the door with something that hangs poorly on your body.
- You’re not likely to run into someone wearing exactly the same thing. Ever. Couture designers rarely duplicate a design, preferrig instead to customize each piece for the client.
- The wardrobe is going to be well-made and likely to last a long time. Many couture pieces are hand-stitched with careful attention to detailing. You’ll never find this quality on the rack.
- Couture designers are everywhere! One doesn’t need to go to New York, London, or Paris to find truly unique and original fashion. Look around and be amazed at what is in your own city!
- Couture is made to match your unique and individual style. Fashion is one of the oldest and most obvious means of personal expression. Shouldn’t your clothes reflect how you feel?
Many design careers have been started by women who didn’t like the clothing choices they found in department stores. Couture designers are there to help you dress well, dress stylishly, and project your own personality. Look one up and see just how affordable couture really is![Disable Flash Gallery]